.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 4

Another Look

About a month or so ago I wrote about the "evil of man" and how I though it was usually overstated, especially here at Cedarville. Well I would like to revisit that topic for the purpose of clarifying my point. I don't think I was very clear on the specific main point of my saying all of that. My main point was meant to be:

Man is undoubtedly sinful, yes, and man is known to be very prone to fall into sin, yes again. But I feel that the evil of man is highly overstated and way too often talked about. Many people are definitely screwed up in the head and enjoy doing evil things, but it is so easily overlook that we are an amazing creation and God did create us with certain specifications.

I referenced Genesis 3:22 in my other post when it is speaking of God pre-installing us with basic knowledge of good and evil (it's called a conscience...and everybody has one) so there goes the theory of "people just don't know any better" theory. But even more than that, James 3:9 says, "With our tongue we bless the Lord and Father and with it we curse the human beings who are made after the likeness of God." I feel this is very clearly putting down those who are so adamant about speaking against God's greatest creation. We are an amazing creation! We are able to learn, adjust, create, and worship. We are awesome, and not because of us but because of out amazing creator.

I am not trying to glorify the human being. I am trying to explain the awe I am in when I think of the amazing intricacies and complexities that our perfect creator made us with. We are awesome because He is awesome! We are not stupid little creatures that "just don't know any better", we are made in God's image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home