.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 27

What in the Pete Sampras is going on here?

So this is going to be one of those posts that girls don't like I guess. There's some kind of unwritten law that girls aren't allowed to be interested in technology or something but I'll try to put something in here for the ladies...

Sony DSC-R1
A pretty nice little camera for the $1,000 price range. 10.3MP, 5x optical zoom, 2 inch LCD screen, and interchangeable lenses. And most of all, it's a Sony product so you know it has good battery life and easy functionality. With the better lenses and a super awesome image seonsor this produces incredibly sharp and accurate pictures. I guess I just like Sony products...


Gigapxl Project
Graham Flint is an amazing man. He has invented the first landscape camera to take pictures at about 4 gigapixels around the country to end up capturing about 1000 pictures all around the nation. Now it is all analog technology, so the gigapixel measurement is just an approximation but this is just an amazing camera, He can take a picture of San Diego from a couple kilometers away and you can zoom in and see into people's windows. That's probably not a very good use of the technology, but it is just an example of its capabilities. Check out the whole story at http://www.gigapxl.org/.


Watch TV Anywhere (anywhere with internet)

Orb.com is a site that allows you to stream live video over their server from home so you can watch it from anywhere you have an internet connection on laptops and some palm pilots. Aaron and I tried this and got it to work...kind of. We didn't have one of the "approved" TV cards but I still think we could have got it. Aaron now has his internal WinTV card back so we may try it with more success again later. It's worth a shot...

For the Ladies
Can't find the right man for you? Well eHarmony is the place for you. They make you take a quiz with all these questions and then they use special algorithms and calculations to match you with your future husband. You can find me at http://www.eharmony.com/users/hottboys/prozac.

OLED
OLED stands for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. Basically, it's just a substitute for LCD screens...a really kick-butt substitute. Basically it uses about half the power, it's brighter and has better contrast, and even a better viewing angle. Along with being smaller and hopefully eventually cheaper it is just all around better. You can see this sweet tech in other products such as the MobiBLU Cube, Creative Zen Micro Photo, and Pioneer DEH-P8600MP Car Stereo.

8 Comments:

  • When I signed up for eharmony, it told me something like "you are too unique for our system so we cannot match you with anyone." I was reasonably amused. Of course, I don't really have to worry about that anymore, being married and all...

    Also, your thousand dollar digital camera doesn't look much more exciting than my husband's $300 camera, so I'll just stick with his I think, especially considering that we already have three digital cameras that work rather nicely :P
    (I only said that to prove that I cared about something other than eharmony ;)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 28/10/05 11:58 AM  

  • Ok, I lied. 10.3 mp is pretty cool. (I just noticed that, because my husband wanted to know what I was looking at). But, we do have a camera that takes the picture at 6mp and will blow them up to 12mp.

    Ok, I'll stop commenting now.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 28/10/05 12:02 PM  

  • Yes, plus it's not always how many megapixels a camera has. A lot of it is the size and quality of the CCD chip (that thing that recieves lights) and this one is supposed to be pretty good.

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 28/10/05 12:34 PM  

  • Yeah, now my husband has been drooling over the camera all morning. Good thing we don't have any extra money, or I think it would be appearing in our apartment...

    Of course, the pictures of some kid he showed me from some website taken with the camera were extremely cute, but we don't have any cute kids to take pictures of. (yet ;)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 28/10/05 1:19 PM  

  • I want to watch TV on my Mac... It would be wonderful.

    10 MP camera would rock mine sucks, it's really crappy.

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 28/10/05 11:02 PM  

  • hmmm.. Put me down for one of those landscape cameras, though I have no idea what I'd use it for. Friend of mine has the Sony you speak of, it's very, very... very nice.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 29/10/05 2:22 AM  

  • Ijust did the eharmony thing. it said for me, like ruth, that I am too unique for the system haha.

    Guess I'm just too pretty.

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 29/10/05 10:15 AM  

  • Nice Post, Thank You Author!!!
    Can't Login to pof account? Please contact the pof Dating Customer Helpline Number.
    Can't login to pof

    By Blogger Kevin Mathison, at 12/2/21 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home