.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 26

Severe Weather Alert

So as I told you, I have been working outside for the last week or so. And as you may also know, it has been incredibly hot the last two days...hot enough to have a weather warning for it. Yesterday it got up to about 90°F with a RealFeel® of 99°F. Today we were working in 95°F heat with a RealFeel® of up to 107°F, and boy, let me tell you, when you're moving dirt and planting grass you really feel it.

I did realize a great perk to my job though. Other than the sweet hookups I get with all the staff I also get a great tan. I mean, think about it. Working full time I get a free 8 hour tan every day. With the Coconut Grove Tanning Salon price here in Springfield of $18.65 for 110 min, if you calculate it out, that would cost me $81.38 a day! That's $406.90 a week. And that's before tax, so I am saving a butt load of money. I guess I could always just get some spray-on Bahama Bronze for only $9.95!

2 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about it being hot. It gets a little warm here in Iraq. Right now, it usually breaks 130°F and then we get to run around the streets with our flak jackets and kevlar helmets. Lugging with us about 60 pounds of gear. So yeah, the heat sucks and when it gets to about 85°F at night, I freeze if I sleep outside. Fancy that; never thought 85°F would be so cold.

    By Blogger James McCauley, at 30/7/05 4:41 AM  

  • I dont agree with Em, it makes perfect sense to calculate the amazing amount of money your saving!

    And I miss you man, the Peten is a little short of Sucky without you here.

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 5/8/05 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home