.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 2

Delayed and Cancelled

I was stuck overnight in Atlanta. It's amazing what 3 hours of rain can do to an airport schedule. When we landed everything seemed ok...just a couple hour delay on my flight. I decided to spend my time waiting by watching The Negotiator (whitch is not a bad flick) and was just trying to enjoy my flight amidst all the hustle and bustle of delays.

After watching and checking my flight fairly frequently for an hour or so and watching the time change farther and farther back 5 minutes at a time my flight suddenly vanished. No sign whatsoever on the screens or at my gate. After almost peeing my pants in fear (as this has never happened to me before) I finally admitted that my flight was gone and it was now time to begin searching for a new chariot home.

I ended up camping at gate B15 all night knowing full well that my newly scheduled flight at gate B23 for 11:50am to Columbus just would not suffice (Luke and Aaron were waiting). The gate B15 flight I was hoping for was for 8:00am. I ended up getting on this earlier flight and getting into Columbus at 9:30.

As I type Aaron, Luke and I are cruising toward Michindoh courtesy of Aaron's unlimited cell phone internet access (via Verizon) hooked to my lappy. I love technology.

1 Comments:

  • Dude... technology DOES rock... and I hate you, since you have left I have been "asked" IE forced to be the tech boy... They are askign me to do things that are impossibly impossible

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 2/7/05 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home