.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 25

Feels Like 99º

I think it felt like 150º, but I was lazy today anyway. Honestly though, this was the hottest and coldest day I have ever experienced here in the jungle.

Hotness...
It was so hot today that all the insects and stuff were seeking shade under the overhang of the buildings. There were hundreds of flies attached to the outside walls of all the buildings. I found it uncomfortable just to walk from the school to the dining hall (it's only about 70 meters) and found myself drinking water constantly throughout the whole day.

Cold...
This quickly changed however at about 6pm. I was taking a nap after my work day and suddenly the wind picked up pretty strong. It was as if I had suddenly arrived back in Ohio on a "hot" summer day. After my usual 6:30 shower I stepped out (naked) and for the first time felt cold...in the jungle! This was a very different experience for me; one that to this minuet befuddles me.

In other news we are currently in the middle of de-licing all of the kids in the school. We probably did the treatment on about 40 of the kids. One girl's hair was seemingly completely covered in eggs. We combed it for 20-30 min with a lice comb and barely made a dent. I really felt sorry for her. Maybe you can see some pictures of me in action soon though.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home