.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 4

Diesel Rocket

Those are the words printed on Mario's shirt today and I think it is fabulous! What is a diesel rocket anyway...I thought they made those things with rocket fuel or something. Anyway, I am really enjoying my time here so far. I am staying very busy on the computer designing e-mail templates so HIA can send out nice looking newsletters.

The first day was the most interesting so far. Rodrigo (spelling?) and I drove around running errands for HIA in town dropping off promotional posters and such. He only speaks a little english (which actually means he's almost fluent) and of course my spanish really does suck! So Mario challenged us to try to speak in each other's language. Biggest language barrier I have ever encountered but actually one of the least frustrating. After that Mario took us to buy dental equipment for the jungle and I had not slept the night before so I fell asleep at a table in the lobby. Finally we went to pick up a new Dalmation named Beauty...she threw up on me...she got a bath...and now we are going to travel to the jungle together on the bus friday for 6 hours.

The next day and today I just sat at the computer all day working on stuff. I fell like I haven't accomplished much since none of the stuff I made worked for Suzanne so I had to start all over. I really like the one I made for PIES today though so now I only have like 5 more to go...I better get back to work...

2 Comments:

  • Hi Nathan!
    I convinced myself you were not near a computer and that is why you did not email me back to tell me you arrived safely.

    Get it?

    I need a personal email from you my dear. By the way, I cried after we parted at the airport. Now you know you are loved here at home too. :)

    Missing you already,
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/5/05 5:27 PM  

  • Aw. That's cute.

    That's exactly what I was thinking when you said you got a girl dalmation. Mate for Capi! haha. Dog vomit is yummy. :)

    You'll have to show us what you've been making.

    By Blogger Kim, at 4/5/05 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home