.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 28

Last Game of the Year Brett...Can't Hold Anything Back Now

So this is my last week here in the states here for a while. It has also happened to be one of my busiest. One of the things I've been working on is my audio projects. Two fake commercials to cap off the year of class; one is for a "product" called Actual Reality and the other for a sugary cereal called Sugar Shockers.

Actual Reality:
My fist "commercial" assignment, and not a bad one at that. Pretty easy and simple to do but it certainly did not turn out perfect. Everything is either my voice, off the internet, or off sound effects CD's. Only about 3 or 4 layers of audio tracks and it came down to 1 minuet exactly.

Sugar Shockers:
Finished this one most recently (and by most recently I mean 2am last night). It was much more difficult of an assignment in both pre and post production (meaning recording and editing). I want to thank again the class at Cedar Cliff and Amber for the help with the kid's voices and Julie for the announcer track. I finally got to use some cool signal processing other than the pitch bender and used 6-7 layers of stereo audio. Had fun with the left/right panning and I may have gotten a little carried away with the explosions. For some reason my timecode got messed up in Adobe Audition so it ended up to be 1:50 when it seemed to be telling me I was at :60. I should be ok though, I think he'll only take off 3 points.

You can listen to both of these new ones and my old one, What the ****, at http://www.purevolume.com/prozac

1 Comments:

  • Wow. Those were great.

    Dang. I can't believe you're leaving that soon. That stinks! but it's really cool at the same time. I'm happy for you. but I'll miss youuuuuu!

    By Blogger Kim, at 30/4/05 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home