.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 12

Nothing but the Oldies

I find it very humerous myself that U99.5 (my radio station) lists it's "Core Artists" or "Hot Songs" as songs by:

-Audio Adrenaline
AudioA is ok. They've been around for a while but have pretty succesfully adapted their style from what they used to be back in the Bloom days. Not a personal fan but all we play from them anyway is their old stuff. It gets a little...old.

-DC Talk
Gotta love DC Talk for what they did...and I do emphasize did...but they haven't even really put out a CD since 1998 (not counting of course the Solo and Greatest Hits CDs) I'm not saying they shouldn't play them...ok...I am saying they shouldn't play them. Also a little old here, still hoping for something from the 21st century here. (but I do dig their website)

-Jars Of Clay
Are you serious!? What the heck? I can't remember actually listening to (and enjoying) Jars of Clay since I was like 12. I honestly didn't even know they still existed...or could exist if they wanted to. I will say I haven't heard any of their new stuff but I'm betting it's not too different.

-Newsboys
Hmmm...another band that really hasn't changed their style for about the last decade. Can't say I've been a fan since Take Me to Your Leader (1996). Don't even get me started on Love Liberty Disco.

-Switchfoot
Definately the only band on this list that deserves to be. A well respected band in both the Christian and secular music industries while not losing their witness and rocking my face off! I love this band and am glad we play them here.

-Stacie Orrico
I don't really want to talk about her much...just not my style I guess. I don't listen to her but just the fact that she still makes music...I really respect her for that. I really don't know that I can see her appealing to college students as much as teenieboppers and gay guys. I could be wrong...just saying what I think...

So, a sad list indeed gives you a good example of what kinda stuff we play. All I'm saying is since nobody listens to our station as it is myabe we could at least experiment with some other genres. Right now all of our music appeals to one very small group of people and maybe we should reach out to...people like me who like...well...different stuff.

1 Comments:

  • Hm. I must say that the only good band you listed on there is Switchfoot. I can't stand DC Talk, Audio A. and all of the other ones.

    Remember the mission trip?

    "As we lift up our hands!!"
    "Glory, glory. Hallelujah He reigns!"

    Oh my gosh. Almost as bad as Toby Mac.

    By Blogger Kim, at 13/4/05 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home