.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, March 5

I love life. I love being around people. I love showing people my love. I love being loved. All these are things I know I will do for the rest of my life, but when I say I love serving God, I get scared that it doesn't fit. I get scared that I won't be able to do it, to serve him as well as I should. Will I wuss out, will I quit, what if I can't take it?

Another thing I love is simplicity, I want simplicity. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be OK just being normal and happy. What if I didn't have to worry about sacrificing my whole life. It would be so easy...so...simple.

I'd like think that I KNOW I'd never be able to just live a mediocre life and just have a nice house and family. I don't. Honestly, serving God with the rest of my life doesn't seem that appealing sometimes. I'll admit, I'm in a slump. Having a hard time getting out.

I really don't want to feel this way, I want to want to serve God. I can't get past all this crap that I want to do and just do it His way. I just want life to be simple. Not worrying everyday. I am in no way giving up on God or my faith, just wondering why and how...maybe a little too much.

Pray for me.

1 Comments:

  • Dood...I'm praying...
    I know the college slump. Been there many many times. It happens. Best thing to remember, is that slumps happen for a greater reason. It helps you to realize there's something bigger than yourself out there. If the mountain top experience existed all the time, what would you have to depend on? Or what reason would you have to examine your heart's motives and desires? It's all good dood...just stay true!

    By Blogger Joel, at 7/3/05 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home