.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 6

New Things

I have been able to experience many new things since arriving here...this is a short list of them...

Guatemala radio is about half in Spanish and half in English. I had never had a chance to hear it before but the Christian stations really do play a lot of good stuff. I heard Blindside, Dead Poetic, Third Day and a couple other good ones. They also play a lot of contemporary stuff like DC Talk and Michael W. Smith so it is very interesting to listen to.

Guatemala TV is relatively similar to ours except for some reason during interviews they play music in the background...it is a little distracting. I also saw my first Guatemalan commercial, Pizza Mia. I swear it looked like they were making out with the pizza!

I have experienced Guatemalan traffic in 2 different ways already. The first was when I got to go out with Christiann and Jordi for dinner and to their apartment. They asked me if I wanted to drive to get the full Guatemalan experience (this was followed by, "it's ok, we have good insurance."). So I did drive and I guess I did ok. The next day I was riding with Rodrigo (who likes Jaci Velasquez and 7th Heaven) and there were two accidents that happened right in front of us while we were driving. I may rethink driving in Guate again.

Guatemalan internet is another experience all together. For some reason sometimes only certain parts work like you instant messenger but not your browser or vice versa. No idea why, it really is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I am leaving for the Peten tonight which will be another new experience. 6 hours on a bus with all my luggage and stuff. Should be interesting...and I also get to take the dog with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home