.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 8

All the Little Things

This may seem insignificant to you, but here it was quite a big deal.

So I told you about the new dog...well yesterday was her first day and night in the jungle. It didn't go so smoothly. The day was great for her adjusting and she got along very well with Capitán. Well for the night we gave her a box to sleep in and tied her to the fence to keep her from wandering off. I thought I tied it pretty good.

Come morning time I go outside...no Beauty (that's what Mario named her by the way). I was scared at first but I tried to sequester my fears by thinking that someone probably just untied her. After an extensive search of the Ranch with Capitán by my side I find nothing. I begin to assume the worst...death by large jungle animal. After telling everyone on the Ranch to look for her and a nice french toast breakfast with Adrea and Leslie we took the truck out to search.

I don't think we honestly thought we'd find her in the vast Peten but we wanted to ask some locals to be on the lookout (in case someone stole her or she actually made it that far). No success again...we've lost hope. We had no choice but to give up.

So here I am on my laptop...about to post something completely different...when all of the sudden Leslie screams, "They found her!" I couldn't believe it but there she was, covered in orange dirt and exhausted form who knows what returned to the Ranch. I wanted to post some pictures but apparently I can't access Flickr from here for some reason...I'll work on that for ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home