.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 11

Weapon of Choice: Sandpaper

Well as you see I threw a new header up there while I'm here, just had the urge to do something dirty I guess (he he).

Today, I really just sanded these huge dividers for the new bathrooms at the school. The funny thing is that I sanded this one by hand and it probably took me like 3-4 hours to finish real nice. I was exhausted and then I realized that they had just finished the second one for me to sand. Just as my weary body was about to start on that one as well, one of the shop workers told me to stop and pulled out a power sander. I was torn between being furious and overjoyed that they had not shown it to me before and that now I'd be able to finish in like an hour. I even eventually forgot about the device's exposed wires and the shop's water covered floor (from the rain).

So the moral of the story is: if ever you are asked to do a difficult task manually, ask if there is a power tool available to assist you in your toil.

2 Comments:

  • Toil away oh mighty sander of the bathroom stall dividers...we salute you.

    By Blogger Larry, at 12/5/05 10:05 AM  

  • Yay for power tools! I have this strange addiction to drill/drivers lately. I think I own 3 of them now :)

    By Blogger Ruth, at 13/5/05 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home