.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 13

Weapon of Choice: Sandal

So sleeping here for me has been a bit of a task. Usually it is not a problem for me but this time my room is a bit more prone to fill with insects. I think it just has too many windows. The first night I had to have killed about 100 giant June bugs and some moths. Last night, though, I encountered Mothra...and his wife (or her husband...not sure). But it was a whole 'nother adventure altogether.

I have to admit that I have been blessed by not having anything like scorpions or tarantulas in my room but these moths were quite a nuisance. After killing the first one with my machete, the other one got in and I decided to kill him with my lighter (which took a suprisingly long amount of time). Anyway, pretty much since I've been here I've been on a murderous rampage against these guys and I honestly think I'm winning. So in order to continue my good work I must sleep with a few tools.

Weapons of Choice

My flashlight, pocket knife, machete, and my personal favorite, the sandal. So come prepared Bobby...come prepared (actually I just want Bobby around so he can attract some of the bugs away from me!)

2 Comments:

  • I think I would rather use the sandal. I am sure that it would take on a much larger foe.

    By Blogger Larry, at 13/5/05 10:48 PM  

  • Those bugs are killer.
    I remember my first year, I came back with over 30 bug bites!
    Darn bugs. They all need to DIE!
    Make sure you kill them all before I get there.
    Thanks :)

    By Blogger Kim, at 14/5/05 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home