.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 12

Meet the Team

For those of you who may have never been here or not had the chance to meet all the amazing people of Hearts In Action here is your chance...your only chance...

Amberguesa
Here is Amber. One of us "Faithers" and an awesome missionary! She is currently working to finish bios for all of the PIES children here at the Ranch's school. Right now she's in the city chillin' at Mario and Suzanne's house. She is pictured here with Suceli who is one of the cutest little girls in the whole jungle.

Andrea
Here Adrea is called Andrea. She's in charge of the PIES school and once the kids leave each day she also works her butt off doing a million other things. I told you how awesome I think she is a few weeks ago and I still stand by that.

Anita
Anita hails from Guatemala city and wanted to be a missionary here. So far she has worked mostly as an accountant but is really passionate about ministering to the kids which she is moving towards. She knows English pretty well and has an awesome smile when she busts it out.

Elena
Elena you could say is in charge of the Ranch when Mario and Suzanne aren't around. She's not the best at communicating with people honestly but she does know how to get the job done most of the time. She can be kinda funny when she's not all stressed out.

Leslie
Leslie is from Columbus...well CTK in fact. She works with Adrea during the day and makes awesome lunch during...well...lunch time. She's a big fan of Friends and right now in on disk 2 of season 1.

Darvis
Darvis is actually a dentist but mostly does office work. She is organizing The Grand commission this year and is also in charge of the store (where we daily hang out and drink cold, glass cokes...and also where I have been recently appointed to help). She can really let loose and be fun once she decides to forget about all of her responsibilities (which is very necessary around here).

Marbin
We don't really know why it is spelled with a B here but I guess his name is Marvin in English. Marvin ran away from home and ended up here on the Ranch. Now he's 14 and it's really cool because now he gets to go to our school and work here half day all while living behind the kitchen. When he gets done here he wants to move to the city and study to be an engineer. He's awesome and hilarious. I feel like his big brother.

Sandra
Sandra is in charge of all outreaches. She's not around the Ranch a lot it seems but when she is I hear that she's a pretty good dancer! It's awesome to hear her try to speak English because I'm sure that's how I sound in Spanish.

Suzana
Suzanna works in the city for HIA and I think that she is as crazy as she thinks I am. She is ridiculously fun and outgoing once she gets out of the office (I guess I am too though).

Tessie
Tessie is the Ranch's nurse, spiritual counselor, seamstress, bug terminator, kid de-licer, and overall good conversationalist. She's a pretty old fashioned christian in my opinion but there's certainly nothing wrong with that! She says I am her son and she wants to come in live in Guatemala in a couple years to kind of retire/work part time with HIA.

The Yaz
And finally Yazna. She hated this picture but I thought it was the best one to show her personality. She doesn't hold anything in, happy or angry, you can always see it. I love that about her. She is an architect and her current project is the new clinic. She hopes it to be up in about 4 months...or less.

Along with all of the hard working missionaries there are also about 15-20 local workers that make the Ranch possible. Here are just a few of them that I have gotten to know a little...we call them "Team-A"...

Team-A
Hector works as a carpenter (and is an amazing one) and is also very good at soccer. Gerardo is in charge of all gardening and lives on the Ranch with his wife and 3 kids. Noe (Noah in English) was the bus driver and mechanic for a while. Now he has moved on to work for the government in the city. Reginaldo (or Reggie) is kind of the head of the carpenters and is learning a little English here and there. And finally Edgar also works as a carpenter and does other random jobs around the ranch.

...and I can't help but introduce you to...

Niños
...all the wonderful children I have met during my stay here. Blessing is of course Christianne and Jordi's daughter and is just too cute. Freddy and Joslyn are both kids of Gerardo and Freddy is learning to be a photographer with my camera in his spare time. Finally there's Vania. Her only problem is that she's cute and she knows it. She can get a little bratty, but hey, what kid doesn't.

So those are pretty much all the people I've met here. I do want to salute the other 15+ workers who I don't have pictures of...you guys are amazing also!

4 Comments:

  • Hey Nathan...I am the first to comment and you are sitting right next to me! Thanks for the double link. ANd guess what else? The truth is, I miss you oohhh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/6/05 1:33 AM  

  • Dude...where am I!? Im part of the team!

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 12/6/05 2:16 AM  

  • I really enjoyed this post.
    Hopefully I'll get to meet all these wonderful people. Although I do know a few of them already. They rock. :)

    By Blogger Kim, at 12/6/05 9:50 PM  

  • Now I feel like they are part of our family...I like how you did that man. It put faces to the names we hear...very cool!

    By Blogger Larry, at 14/6/05 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home