.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 27

The Aussie and I

There is an Australian guy here...from Australia...and we are taking a free weekend tomorrow and Sunday. We're going to Flores and staying in a hotel. I probably won't go to Tikal with him but we definitely plan on going to the zoo and other fun stuff. So let me tell you of this Aussie guy...his name is Anthony (Antonio in Spanish)...

He is from Brisbane and he tells us that in Australia they ride kangaroos to school. He manages a band in Australia and is currently taking off 5 months to travel the world (I covet this opportunity). He's a pretty cool guy and certainly not a typical Christian. He actually probably wouldn't even tell you that he is; he'd just say that he believes in God. He's a pretty hard headed and cocky guy which I have found to be quite refreshing since a lot of Christians are so wishy washy in their faith. Very liberal and sometimes a bit anti-american, and a lot of times he really says a little too much, but I guess that's what we love him for. I don't agree with all of his political or religious opinions but he does have some very good ones and some very interesting ones. Anyway, we will have plenty of time to sort these things out over the next 2 or 3 days. I finally get to see some sweet jungle animals...yes!!!

2 Comments:

  • Yay for Zoo's

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 29/5/05 2:58 AM  

  • When I was in Australia, I rode the bus to school, and also had someone try to convince me that he rode a kangaroo to school. The Aussies were also very amused to find out that we really did ride in yellow buses, since they just have normal looking ones...

    By Blogger Ruth, at 1/6/05 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home