.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 30

Even More New Things

Flores was a nice experience filled with time to relax, time to play cards, time to meet new people and lots of time to sleep! Here a couple more things that are new to me...

Finding buses that are in random places
, places that are certainly not meant for tourists to find them in. When we were ready to return to the ranch we found it quite difficult to find the bus to "Petencito" or "el Rancho de los Ninos" (Hearts In Action). Somehow, by the grace of God, we stumbled upon it hidden in the middle of the market place. The bus named Guadalupe was our ride and we didn't even get ripped off.

Sitting in a bar with Anthony drinking Cokes, playing cards and meeting a man who has been traveling the world in a car for the last 2 1/2 years of his life. The bar was called Los Amigos (The Friends) and had a really cool vibe. I reccomend it to backpackers and other cool people like myself.

The taste of alcohol is interesting and sometimes quite alright. Don't get me wrong, I didn't go drinking or anything, but I have had it 3 times since I've gotten here (the first 3 times of my life): 1. Communion after a little service we had here was my first with actual wine. 2. I ordered chicken at a really nice restaurant named Las Puertas (The Doors) and they definately cooked it in beer. 3. I ordered a really good Fettucini Alfredo cooked with White Wine at a place called the Mayan Princess...it was good.

There's a couple other things that were cool and hopefully I can get some pics of my expereinces up soon...untill then you will all have to use your imaginations...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home