.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 21

Two Things....

JVC SU-DH1 I know I'm a little late on the breaking news but it's now official, XP booting on Intel Macs! Why is this cool? Because you can...and if that's not a good enough reason, then becasue the first person to make it work got $12,000. That's probably a good enough reason. So if you haven't been listening to podcasts, this is the latest cool news so go here for the whole story.

In other news, I have been using Open Office now for about 8 months and I'm pretty sure I love it. It runs pretty good and using it just feels great.

Does it crash? Yes.

More than MS Office? The beta I was using, yes, but the normal versions I would say no.

Is it free? 100%

Should you use it? Well, I really like it mostly because you can still open and save as MS Office files. This is critical considering 99% of everyone uses MS files. (I will not even mention WordPerfect although it will support the Open Document format). Honestly though, if you already have MS Office and it doesn't bug the heck out of you just stay with that. But if you don't want to drop $100+ on basically the same program, go with Open Office! (available for Mac and PC)

1 Comments:

  • I went with Open Office at my house and I like it pretty well. If you are used to ms office then it takes a bit to get used to but it works good. No crashes yet.

    By Blogger Larry, at 23/3/06 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home