.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 21

Cross-Cultural Missions

I visited Phil's class today, Cross-Cultural Missions, and I have to say I enjoyed it. Although I do not ever condone going to a class that you don't have to go to, I think I did actually learn something. We (I liked it because it was a discussion type class) talked a lot about going to another culture and being careful about not pressing our social norms on them. For instance, having church on Sunday morning is the only time you can have church. I actually debated with a guy about this...he believed that you can't be a good Christian unless you attend a Sunday morning service (those Godless Apexers with their new Saturday night services!).

Something that professor Cook brought up in that class was this website, WholesomeWear.com. It looks fine at first but just take a little peek inside........yeah...that's what we were all laughing at in class. I was doing some people watching though (I know, I know...stalker) and I noticed one of the girls look really interested and was not laughing. I'm pretty sure she wrote the site down too. But anyway, his point was that Christians always make a big deal about everything (in this case modesty) and take it way too far. Then we try to push these ideas on other cultures. Anyway...it was fun.

8 Comments:

  • Go figure: I guess you have to be a Christian rolling in the dough to be able to afford those things. Did you see the prices on that stuff?

    By Blogger Larry, at 21/2/06 11:06 AM  

  • I believe Emily is referring to http://www.swimmodest.com/

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 21/2/06 9:55 PM  

  • Thats... cute

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 21/2/06 11:55 PM  

  • Swimming in a dress; now that is something you don't see everyday.

    By Blogger James McCauley, at 22/2/06 10:59 AM  

  • You all are missing the point that Apex has a third service on Saturday nights now. I mean seriously...this is big stuff.

    Ha...well not really. But if you come out I'll be playing all three services this week. I mean seriously, it beats two hours of Third Day, any day. We are just making the Jewish Sabbath holy once again ;)

    By Blogger Joel, at 22/2/06 6:40 PM  

  • yeah...well you guys are just a bunch of horrible sinners...so good luck getting into heaven now!

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 23/2/06 1:24 AM  

  • Yep...we are a bunch of sinners. And don't you forget it. Holier than thou, we are not. However, we do have a Saturday night service! muhahahah!

    Luck has nothing to do with getting into Heaven...grace and assurance has everything. ;)

    By Blogger Joel, at 23/2/06 8:40 AM  

  • Only sinners have service on any other day than Sunday morning and Wed!

    By Blogger PapaBob, at 23/2/06 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home