.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 27

Holophonic Sound

Sound too nerdy for you? Well just wait until you hear it! Every once in a while I come across something so cool that it pretty much blows my mind...in this case it freaked me out a little too. All you have to do is put on some headphones (it doesn't work at all without headphones) and click on one of the two links below. The first is my favorite because it really gives a better idea of the capability but the second one has a lot more action and may be a bit more exciting. Everyone has to give this a try so dig out those headphones in the bottom of your drawer and choose your holophonic sound (and Jennifer, this is not a prank...I'm not as cruel as Josh).

Holophonic Sound Test #1
Holophonic Sound Test #2

Yeah, it's so real...it goes above and below you. Can't wait till we start seeing this more.

2 Comments:

  • Would it even require a special plugin??? I don't think so! As far as I can tell, it's a standard sterio mp3! Should play in anything...it's just how it's recorded.

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 29/1/06 11:22 PM  

  • I must be a geek because that made me giddy. That would be great in a first person shooter. I would be ducking gunfire in my chair.

    By Blogger Larry, at 1/2/06 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home