.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 1

Double Take

I posted about Windows OneCare Live not too long ago and gave it a pretty good review. Well, after a few more weeks with this porgram I have changed my mind. The hard drive backup is pretty much the only feature that works right (which is pretty good) but almost everything else has a problem.

The virus scan won't update...no mater where I'm at. The help forums are terrible, they just tell you to reinstall the software which is a huge hassle! The firewall will block some things een though you tell it not to. And, my favorite part, the virus scan slows down my Thunderbird to a crawl because it tries to quarantine parts of the mail file. On the forums, the developers just say that they hope someone familiar with Thunderbird can help fix the problem!

Other than my great disappointment with this software, I have also now tried out the new Windows Live Mail (the replacement for Hotmail...the worst email client ever). It's pretty slick, works really smoothly, and is really fast. Drag and drop things on the screen, select emails quickly, and view emails without loading a whole new page, and best of all, 2GB of storage. Some features are still missing though which I pretty disappointed about: no POP mail at this point, and it works in Firefox...but not entirely. It's probably no different from the new Yahoo mail and AOL mail but we'll have to see if they address these features...untill then my loyalty is still with Gmail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home