.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 1

I'm not dead...yet

So even though I haven't blogged in nearly a month, I am not dead.

Even though I got some fingers shoved in my eye (2 or 3), I am not dead.

Even though I had to get a tetanus shot in my arm, I am not dead.

Why am I not dead even after all of this? Vicodin.

If you don't yet know the story, all was well on a regular Wednesday evening playing basketball down at the 'ol WFFC. My team was pretty much killing the other team...I'm talking about cold blooded murder on the basketball court here. So at about 13 - 5 I am sitting under the basket waiting to pull down the rebound, I get my hands around it and reel it in, and I turn and see Rob's hand flying at me faster than the Millennium Falcon at warm warp speed...and about the same size to (26.7 meters). I can still remember his fingers sliding in under my eye ball and scratching the heck out of my retina...still gives me the jibblies.

But all is cool, after the emergency room that night and the optometrist today, I'm being told that I should be healed up in a couple more days. Apparently it was a pretty bad scratch but the eye heals pretty fast so no hard feelings Rob, looks like I won't have to learn braille after all! Plus I got to buy some really cool sun glasses.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home