.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 5

I've debauched and deceived,
And destroyed families.
I've taken all. Given none,
And received judgement
From the objective eye of a gun.
I'm guilty, it's true,
But remorseful, no less. I'm sorry!
What becomes of me,
But death deserved, received?
What of a crooked man's desperate plea
Seeking The Good Judge's mercy?
He loved the unloveable and the unlovely,
The decadent and the holy.
He made a way for the pope
And he made a way for me...
From Staple's song Gavels from Gun Barrels

Jesus my heart is all i have to give to you,
So weak and so unworthy,
This simply will not do,
No alabaster jar, no diamond in the rough,
For your body that was broken,
How can this be enough?
By me you were abandoned,
By me you were betrayed,
Yet in your arms and in your heart forever i have stayed


I constantly have to realize the sacrifice Christ made, and how I consistantly abandon that grace. God is so good to me.



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home