.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 11

Take Me to Your Leader

Youth group was awesome last night because God was able to do so much for so many people. I could tell almost everybody (including myself) was getting a big load of God's love in there!

Something I just wanted to discuss that came up in a recent conversation is why do people in leadership positions always feel like they have to be better than everyone else? Why is it that we can't admit our weaknesses at times? I know I have stuggled with this and even though I know I am not anymore perfect than anyone else that I am still not supposed to mess up. I think also that sometimes those under a leader often think the leader doesn't struggle as much as they do, but it's actually just the opposite!

It's sad that we so often are so worried about our problem that we don't even recognise the stuggles of those around us. I try to pray for leaders at the church and youth group cause I know they stuggle plenty too. Everyone does! I would just like to see more people step out of thier selfish bubble and offer som help to those around them. But it also goes both ways, I know I have gotten to points where I won't offer help to someone because I am struggling. We can lift each other up at the same time is what I'm trying to say. Just don't forget to pray for your leaders, sometimes they need more help than you think.

1 Comments:

  • I totally agree with you, Nathan. Leaders stuggle with stuff...just like us. And last night was just a wake up call for all of us I guess. When Jennifer went up there and stuff...it kinda just did something to me, ya know. Makes me want to help out more, and not be selfish about it. Last night was awesome. God moved in me so much. Read my blog to find out more!

    By Blogger Kim, at 11/10/04 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home