.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 7

The Day My Life Was Cut Off

It's sad that my whole life depends on the internet...but it does. And since I got here (at Cedarville) I have not had much of a life! The network is always down, not connecting, or telling me I'm doing something wrong. Windows is very helpful though, it tells me to contact my network administrator...obviously the programmers at Microsoft have never had to try that themselves.

After not getting through to 2 out of the 3 possible phone numbers to call for cumputer help, I deperately dial the third. Knowing that the "computer technician" usually tells me that it's something I'm doing wrong or that this problem is somehow my fault I'm really not expecting much! I finally get through to a person and what do I get? Not much! Even as I wanted to take my anger out on him (even though I knew this wasn't his fault) he calmly told me that our ISP (Internet Service Provider) had shut down to fix some problems. What the heck! You can't just cut off a whole university to fix some problems!

Anyway, the "technician" said we could all meet outside with pitch forks and torches later to attack the ISP. I probably wouldn't be so mad if my internet wasn't "broken" half of the time! Anyway, this is my constant frustration, I guess I just must deal with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home