.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 8

Can you be too polite?

The politeness here at Cedarville has grown to ridiculous proportions! I understand that I am at a Christian university and eveyone should treat each other with brotherly love but I am pretty sure it has gone too far.

I don't mind holding a door open for someone but when you are in a hurry and I don't I feel like everyone is looking at me in disgust! A guy once held a door open for me when I was about 25 yards behind him, everyone tells you to go first (even when you just told them to) and people try to make things so convenient that it becomes inconvenient! I just wish people could be normal and not fake. Am I asking people to me more rude? I suppose, but just to a degree that I don't feel guilty if I don't let every single girl cut me in the lunch line!

3 Comments:

  • But dood that's the perfect place to chat offline with babes all day.

    You are in Christian Utopia, get used to it. And everyone thought Utopia was great ideal...bah!

    By Blogger Joel, at 8/9/04 3:41 PM  

  • It's not that I don't like holding doors for people it's just that it has escalated to such a degree that you are also required to hold the door for the next hundred people behind her!

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 8/9/04 10:11 PM  

  • I know exactly what you mean--The problem with a Christian college is that everyone is a Christian (or at least pretends to be). I often compared it to a lighthouse shining next to 800 other lighthouses--what impact does it actually make? Now that I'm in a completely different setting, my lighthouse might actually be seen by someone.

    Maybe you should be rude and then people will try to convert you. I had someone try to convert me recently, and it was rather amusing...R

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/9/04 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home