.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 27

This Fire We Started Made Wreckage of All That We Know...

A song by Kids in the Way which is, "A song about the church today and how we've screwed up the original intentions by letting our own desires get in the mix." I am kind of stealing this topic from Em O but I want to be a little more specific. Now, I don't want to step on any toes here...I want to darn near cut em off!

As a Christian and member of "The Church" (as a whole) I have seen how the church has become self-destructive. We let the world push us around; taking the Bible out of schools, out of government, and maybe soon even out of Home Schooling. We're being pushed into a little corener and we aren't pushing back. Instead we have put ourselves into a bubble of "protection" from the world. The people of the church have become so caught up in this little Church world where the real world doesn't exist. We become so religeous in making sure everything is perfect that we forget to even invite God in. Not to mention anybody on the outside of our protection bubble has no desire to go in because they see the hypocricy that exists.

I am in no way sayin that I am perfect or even better than most Christians. I have been on 4 missions trips and many times street witnessing but I am still nowhere near reaching out as much as God wants me to! All I'm saying is, collectively, we need to put aside these stupid theological and religeous squabbles aside and do what God has told us to do. Stop protecting yourself and step out into the battle. God has been dealing with me a lot with this lately and I just hope he tells you something through this too!

3 Comments:

  • Good thoughts...Homeschooling rocks :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/8/04 10:49 PM  

  • That's a good song.

    Interesting post.

    By Blogger Kim, at 27/8/04 11:40 PM  

  • I believe that's called Christan Legalism...and it's a deadly trap the Christian Church has fallen into. It'll kill us and our ministry to the world, without us ever knowing it. The key is the balance between holiness and grace. Too much holiness and you have legalism, too much grace and anything goes...it's somewhere in the middle. If you find it, let me know!

    By Blogger Joel, at 28/8/04 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home