.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 25

Did you say A 350 MPH SUPERCAR!?

Sorry about the last post, for some reason the server decided that paragraphs were tacky and unnecessary so that may have been a little wacky to read but I think i fixed it!!! Anyway, I would like to just vent today on how fickle "The Man" can be.

You know who the man is, he's that guy (and often a woman or a whole administration) who is in charge and his job is to "keep you down". Well I'm here to tell you "The Man" in college is ruthless! Here I am sitting through all these meetings over the weekend hearing about how hard college is and how you can't base your college potential on you high school learning experiences and grades. The very next day, guess what happens, they make me take a test on my high school Pre calc knowledge and based on that they try to tell me that I can't take college Calculus! This may all make sense to somebody but not this guy. Anyway, I had to convince my "Education Advisor" (just a branch of "The Man") that I could make it...and it worked. Trickin' the system as my friend Kyle used to say!

Anyway, sorry if that was boring but I had to get it out. I probably won't usually post this much or this often but hopefully they will be more interesting than this one. By the way, Emily, I'm still sorry you fed 10,000 blearns to your Bahdonkadong, it really is a shame that your fandango is now gone forever!

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to the club. I took HS calculus and ended up in an Advanced College Algebra class. I am actually glad it worked out that way, because I was fully acustomed to the rigors of college math by the time it got hard. I know guys that started off in Calc 1 and flunked it three times. No joke! I took it once and was happy to pass it with a C. Just wait for all that fun stuff...all the calc sequences, differential equations, matrix algrebra (not too hard), etc. etc.

    By Blogger Joel, at 25/8/04 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home