.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 1

Minority Party

When you see a group of minorities together on a mostly white college campus one of two things is going on. There is either a some kind of a racially oriented political meeting or they are shooting pictures for the latest university catalog. This was the second one.

I don't know why but universities always put those few minorities on their catalogs and promotional material. I don't really understand this. At Cedarville we have like 12 non-caucasians but they are ALL put on the front page of our catalog every year. Like this will make people want to come here MORE! "Now way, if I go to Cedarville I can hang out with African Americans, Asians, and whoah...even Canadians!" Seriously what's going on with this way of thinking. We know you don't consist of mostly minorities...cause then they wouldn't be minorities!

I am definately not saying anything against these minorities, I just think it's wierd how universities try to portray themselves as melting pots. Honestly, I didn't come here to meet minorities, I came here to play in the pretty leaves that I saw on the second page of the catalog!

3 Comments:

  • About five minutes after I read this entry, a librarian and a professor from Cedarville came up to the desk because they were visiting the library. Too weird...R

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/04 9:36 PM  

  • How was my video wrong?! Hahaha. You know you laughed. I was bored...so I decided, "what the heck?", and made it. And..it is awesome!!!!!! Muwhahaha. :)

    By Blogger Kim, at 2/11/04 10:43 PM  

  • One of the guys in my unit was Black, there's probably at least 25 of them on campus.

    He comes back one night like, "Dude, I just ate 3 hamburgers with Dr. Dixon in the Presidential Dining Room."

    I say, "Oh, what was the occasion? Basketball thing?"

    He responds, "Nope, minority dinner."

    Dude, I was one of like 2 Asians at Cedarville my freshman year.

    And I didn't get invited to the minority dinner.

    Bah.

    By Blogger ZaijiaN, at 7/12/04 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home