.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 18

The Streets

I forgot to mention before the weekend that I was leaving to be homeless until 5pm on Sunday. That's probably why I had 7 missed phone calls and some voice mail. But it was a pretty thought provoking time.

I am supposed to not give anything away because everyone should take Intro to Urban Ministry with Dr. Cook and you can also have this experience, but I will say a few words on how it effected me. I was not surprised that it wasn't all that physically challenging since it was only a weekend but when I think about living like that all day every day, it seems quite overwhelming. Living with nothing, having no pupose, and pretty much nowhere to go...can you imagine the feeling of worthlessness?

Like I said, I can't give too many details but hopefully I will have something more to say on this later. I need some time to process everything but I know I see it all a lot differently now...

2 Comments:

  • the reason i called you...i was just wondering about media team...

    that must've been tough. i can't imagine people doing that for their whole lives. i don't think i could even do what you did. but props for doing it. i'm sure it touched you in many ways.

    By Blogger Kim, at 19/9/06 4:17 PM  

  • Jeff (or the Good Doctor) is a great dood. I haven't done Urban Immersion, but I have heard nothing but good things from those who have. Dr. Cook is one cool dood, and a mighty fine conga player.

    By Blogger Joel, at 3/10/06 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home