.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 15

Ya know what really grinds my gears?

Cedarville...this is a list of things that are wrong with it...and it is in no way exhaustive:

Fines:
They fine you here for everything, unfolded laundry, unmade beds, messy desks, tigers in the lounge (seriously). And it's not about being neat, it's about taking our money. Our RA tried to let us pay our fines with recycling but we weren't allowed even though he brought the money back for it.

Boys and Girls: Nowhere in the Bible does it say that it's a sin to hug a girl for 5 seconds. Yes, I understand that the rules are to keep other things from happening, but seriously, if a couple wants to have sex, these silly rules are probably not going to stop them.

Dancing: Do I even have to say?

Denominations: Many of you may have heard that a person at WFFC was asked to leave our church if they wanted to continue to work at Cedarville. Well that's stupid! Plus they would not assist in the raising of funds for my trip this summer because of the beliefs of Hearts in Action.

Chapels: Forcing people to attend daily chapels against their will does not encourage spiritual growth. I really don't think it was Christs intentions when he began Chrsitianity for us to spend an hour every day listening to someone talk about the Bible. That is something we should do on our own time.

This "Sharpening the Axe" crap: They keep telling us that we should not be concerned in ministry right now, but focusing solely on our studies. Well that's crap. If I neglect the ministry field that I have at this time in my life, then I fell it would be wasted time. So you can just stop wasting those chapels feeding me that garbage.


Controlling My Life: Cedarville would not let me live off campus this year. Why? I really don't know, but I would guess that it's because they wouldn't be able to tell me to be in by midnight anymore. If you want to keep me from sinning and doing anything that Cedarville does not approve of then you should just kill me. Oppressing people with dozens and dozens of rules only makes them want to rebel...as I do right now....

Wow...that felt really good...

4 Comments:

  • Aaron, you can shove it with your word verification

    And yes, nice guys do notice nice girls. It's just that "nice guys" are always too shy to do anything about it.

    By Blogger prozaciswack, at 16/9/05 1:16 PM  

  • Prozac level 19 wizard...
    The only time nice girls notice me, a semi nice guy, is always at the totaly wrong moment.. like when i moon a taco bell, brp real loud, pee on a school, or rip a really lou fart.

    Other than that, they never notice me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/9/05 4:12 PM  

  • Hey bro, with all the complaints and maybe the ridiculous rules that you have to endure, just a quick observation: you chose Cedarville, rules and all. If you want freedom and an end to all moral and spiritual regulations give WSU or some other secular institution a chance. Not trying to slam, it's just that you got the whole package.

    By Blogger Joel, at 17/9/05 1:09 AM  

  • If you do not stop writing that 'cr*p' you will be expelled. Rant on that ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21/9/05 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home