.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, November 22

A Few Words About A Few Things

I was looking through people's lists of "100 Greatest Movies of All Time" and "Top 10 Films Ever" to see if maybe I've missed some good ones in all my movie watching over the years. One that I saw pop up several times was Ghost World. It's a really strange movie apparently adapted from a comic book.

I did really enjoy it, especially the sarcasm towards modern art. It also took on the issue of how people who try so hard to be outcasts end up alienating themselves even from their fellow outcasts. Anyway, good one...check it out.


Also, on a completely unrelated topic I really like the business model Facebook has going for them. People say it's too boring and not customized enough, but they've acquired quite an impressive audience of very active members. The stats are truly fascinating (I have read the whole article) including more photo uploads than Flickr and 85% of all college students with a profile*, 60% of which log in daily! I consider the not as customized look a good thing. For anyone who has ever browsed MySpace (which I do not recommend), Facebook is a nice clean alternative to keep track of friends and share memories. Their ads are also quite cleverly integrated and not nearly as annoying as most site's flash banners with scantly clad women adorning them.

But I know this sounds completely like an ad for Facebook right now though so I digress and leave you with the fact that Facebook is much less annoying than MySpace...

*This number only counts students at colleges currently available in the Facebook world

1 Comments:

  • i would almost have to agree with you.

    i just registered a couple weeks ago...and i have been addicted. i get more comments on there than i do myspace. plus like you said, there's no annoying banners and things of that sort.

    By Blogger Kim, at 1/12/06 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home