.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 13

All the Cool Kids Are Doing It

Well, all the bloggers I admire have made such a list so it must be cool...right? I will also include a short comment on each one because I believe the meaning often goes deeper than just the title of the song.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here’s how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button

Opening Credits: The River is Wild - The Killers
I take this as foreshadowing for the rest of the movie.

Waking Up: Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine
I would certainly never consider my morning explosive by any means but there it is.


First Day At School: Wonder What's Next – Chevelle
Considering my thrust into public school after being home schooled, this is more than an apt description of that experience.


Falling In Love: Superfriend - Audio Adrenaline
This song is of course not originally about a girl...but it works.


Fight Song: Day By Day - DC Talk
Every day is a fight for some of us.


Breaking Up: God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Live) – Coldplay
Make them wonder why you're still smiling...in the bad times.


Prom: Without Love - Johnny Cash
I wish they played Johnny Cash at my prom(s)...way better than Notorious Big.


Life’s Ok: You are the One - Lincoln Brewster
When life's just “OK” it's always good to hit a nice worship song and remember what it's all about.


Mental Breakdown: Blossom, The Witch - Still Remains
The album title for this song happens to be Of Love and Lunacy...true story.


Driving: Sleepwalking - Blindside
When I drive, I tend to drift off no matter what time of the day.


Flashback: Rest for the Weary - Cool Hand Luke
Good chill song, if I was having flash backs, I'd want to listen to Cool Hand Luke. Also the album is called The Fires of Life.


Getting Back Together: What's My Age Again - Richard Cheese
If you know what this song is about it makes sense, plus it's redone in the classy voice of Mr. Cheese.


Birth of Child: The Soldier's Song - Demon Hunter
Because it takes a soldier to raise a child...not a village.


Wedding: Bend the Bracket - Chevelle
On the album This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In ...hmmm...


Final Battle: Give - Faded Me
“And I will give my life a living sacrifice, and I give everything, every piece of me.” Battling to some good 'ol Faded Me.


Death Scene: God Shaped Hole - Audio Adrenaline
Maybe that “hole” is not a figure of speech...that's a pretty big hole.

Funeral Song: A Last Illusion - Trans Siberian Orchestra
I hope they play this at my funeral.


End Credits: Wiplash – Beanbag
With the lyrics, “Jesus will never let you go!”

2 Comments:

  • I think your itunes is even more random then mine. Faded Me, Richard Cheese AND Audio Adrenaline?

    You, sir, are eclectic.

    By Blogger Em O, at 13/11/06 11:07 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Em O, at 13/11/06 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home